Day 1, the worst of the worst nightmare Pt 2...2010-06-16

版主: 小心翼翼的小地主, jy101

Day 1, the worst of the worst nightmare Pt 2...2010-06-16

帖子jy101 » 2014-05-16 9:13

What a heart broken day..... and thanks for all XDJM's support.. 2010-06-16 23:49:57

What a heart broken day..... and thanks for all XDJM's support, all the replies, suggestions, QQHs, phone calls, many many thanks...

My wife and I had been up since 3:30 this morning, that is when we first got call from tenants live in other buildings, there were already 8 fire trucks on site when we arrive, at first we thought everyone got out safe, but later we realize the lady live by herself was missing, she usually works 2nd or 3rd shift, she must just got home and fall asleep, looks like she try to escape but smokes got to her first, what a tragedy.

The fire took almost two hour to keep uncontrolled, Red Cross was there pass out food and blankets for tenants, and provided tenants temporally relieves, most tenants stayed at a local hotel they provided, many many thanks to them.

about 8:00am, fire trucks begin to leave, areas are taped up for investigation, fire marshal and building commissioner both show up, I know them in person, sometimes good to be in smaller town. and police begin to interview all the tenants in the complex, the lead detective is my friend, who also rented a office from me, great help, hats off to them too.

9:00am, I called my attorney, he call me back few minutes later, explained to him what happen, get him ready as the investigations unwind.

9:30am, I called my insurance agent, file the claim to my insurance company.

10:30am, insurance company call, assigned the case to a local adjuster.

11:00am, all the local TV and news crews came...

2:00pm, another call from insurance company, this time is a casualty adjuster for the deceased person, I did the phone interview with her.

4:00pm, call from the insurance company again, this time is the legal department, because the severalty of the claim, it needs to pass to headquarter.

5:00pm, talk to the detective friend, they narrowed down to two suspects, but no evidence yet.

6:00pm, call from a large claim adjuster from Kentucky, this guy will be the head investigator for the claim, he will be on site Thursday morning.

6:30pm, my attorney call again, he studied the insurance policy, we had this building insured for 565k, 200k contents, commercial liability is 2mil per occurrence, 4mil aggregate, this property is own by a LLC, and we just passed the file inspection 2 weeks ago, so, we think we are shielded from liability lawsuits.

Today, I had meet many great and helpful people, too bad we lost a life in this tragedy, I am not sure how it is going to play out in the claim on that yet.
jy101

帖子: 640
注册: 2014-04-16 21:57

回到 JY101

在线用户

正在浏览此版面的用户:没有注册用户 和 7 位游客