My short life as an insurance agent 2008-07-17 19:11:54

版主: 小心翼翼的小地主, jy101

My short life as an insurance agent 2008-07-17 19:11:54

帖子jy101 » 2014-05-16 9:09

Any one remember a company A.L Williams 2008-07-17 19:11:54

A.L.Williams % Associates was a national agency in the late 80 and early 90's, later merge in Primerica, they was more like a MLM scheme, heavily marketing the BUY TERM AND INVEST THE DIFFERENTS idea, the sell mostly 100k 20year term to lower or middle income class along with a annuity product.
when I was still in college, I got introduced to the idea, went thru their 1 week boot camp, just like RE boot camp ppl promote now except it was free back then, not like RE boot camp wants 5k to go, a lot of hype, and a lot more hype, the one thing they tell you was to be successful, you must willing to get out of your COMFORT ZONE (like brother Miat said), and SELL SELL SELL. so, everyone went thru the boot camp become a free agent, the office I went had over 200 ppl at the one time. (and Yes, I did too, pass the state exam, got my license to kill, ready to make a million)
The head guy in the office was my neighbor, nice guy and nice family, 5 kids ( that is how I got in it) he got promoted to regional director while I was there, basically, anyone sell like 5 policy becomes a VP, and 20 policies is a senior VP, but he was the only director, so we had over 100 VP and 20 Senior VP in that office. so, everyone is selling to their family, their co worker, their neighbor, and promoting their friend to their down link (like MLM, you get a override commission).
Eventually, ppl just found out they only have 1 parent, 4 neighbors, and a few friend, after that, it is hard to sell an insurance product when you just part time. (and yes, I did sold my parent a policy. 20year level, and make my $500 bucks)
after that, I move on and went with my busy college life, (change out and GF was lot more exciting than selling insurance, ). 5 years later, I come cross my old neighbor, he is still in it, still excite about it, but moved from a 4000 sq ft house to a inner city rental, so, after all the hype, he didn’t adopt the change, lost in the game.
I did learn 2 thing over this, one is always ready to be an entrepreneur, get out of your comfort zone, do something exitng, that is the american way.
2 is all life insurance are underwirting product and guarantee by your state base on the face value even the company when bankrupt, term life is not god nor whole life is evil, they exist for their reasons, that is the insurance company must make money.
I usually now recommend to ppl, for your kid first born, buy a 100k whole life or universal life for $20-30 per month, since that don't change over life time, by the time they goto college, they may have 20k in it, they can cash it out for college is they need.
for ppl like us in 30 to 40, 1mil in term life is must, and supplement with a 100k whole or universal life, because when you in 50 or 60, term life is a lot more expensive then when you are young.

hahaha, life is exciting.............
jy101

帖子: 640
注册: 2014-04-16 21:57

回到 JY101

在线用户

正在浏览此版面的用户:没有注册用户 和 5 位游客