My life in RE, Part 3 Thanks 东南风起, your numbers are good..

版主: 小心翼翼的小地主, jy101

My life in RE, Part 3 Thanks 东南风起, your numbers are good..

帖子jy101 » 2014-05-16 8:41

Thanks 东南风起, your numbers are very good. 2008-07-17 19:25:30

I had been involve with RE for 16 years since I got out of college, it is by far the best tool to acculmulate wealth that I know.

My profession by trade is ex-daytrader(10 years, did make some and did lose a lot, thanks to Amzon, Lu, Exds and some others), now Fulltime Super DAD( don't pay alot but the fun is priceless ), small business owner(pays good but getting up at 9 is hardest part), part time bill collector(goto court once a week minimum go after deadbeat tenants), and the rest of my spare time, RE.

I involve with many phase of RE, from land development to construction to we all know what - LandLord, Landlording is not the easiest task, most Landlord give up after a few units, because the time and money they had to spend on it, what they don't know is there is light at the end of the tunnel, the more unit you have, less headache you have because you can then hire out, basically yes, economic of scales.

Leverage is the a important tool, but it is also the biggest barrier, Fanny Mae used to limited 10 mortgage per SS#, and now I think they lower that to 4 mortgage, so we have to do some creative financing, there got to be 100s of book on this subject, you just have to learn it and convince people and make it work for you. I am not talking about unlimited leverage, I am talking about controlled leverage, a leverage you must comfortable with, off my 7.4 mil portfolio, I personally invested less than 100k in it, the rest of money are from refi, rehab, land sale and flipping.

1. my avg per unit value at apartments 50k, duplex to 4plex at 75k, SFH range from 80k to 200k. My cost are much less than that, because more than half of them are once bankown REO, I buy them less than 50% on market value, rehab then refi at 75% and I pocket the cash. (I know, this is sub-sub-prime, and this is how the banks lose all the money)

2. my avg mortgage is less than 40k per unit, but I carry a highter interest rate ( mostly at 6.75 but some are as high as 7.875 ), to me, even 10% is cheap money if there is money to be make.

3. Property tax rate is 1.6% (120/7400), yes

4. Monthly rent avg $550 - close, some 1 bedroom unit low as $375, some SFH is high is $950.

5. my area has a few world class orthopedic company around, so the avg appreciation is better than other area in Indiana, house under $150k still appreciated 10% last year, while overall market here is 3% to 5%. so cheaper houses has its own advantages.

6. my avg net profit per unit is about $100 per month.

thanks everyone for reading
jy101

帖子: 640
注册: 2014-04-16 21:57

回到 JY101

在线用户

正在浏览此版面的用户:没有注册用户 和 20 位游客